The efficacy doctors need.
- In a clinical trial, 96% of patients said they would take Split Dose PREPOPIK® again and 89% found it very easy or easy to take vs 55% and 29%, respectively, for a Day-Before comparator (2L PEG+E plus 2 x 5 mg bisacodyl tablets)
- PREPOPIK® has been found effective as a bowel prep in both Split-Dose and Day-Before dosing regimens. Learn more
Indication and Important Safety Information
PREPOPIK® is a prescription medicine used by adults to clean the colon before a colonoscopy. PREPOPIK® cleans your colon by causing you to have diarrhea. Cleaning your colon helps your healthcare provider see the inside of your colon more clearly during your colonoscopy.
- Do not take PREPOPIK® if your healthcare provider has told you that you have serious kidney problems, a blockage in your intestine (bowel obstruction), an opening in the wall of your stomach or intestines (bowel perforation), a very dilated intestine (toxic megacolon), problems with the emptying of food and fluid from your stomach (gastric retention), or an allergy to any of the ingredients in PREPOPIK®
- Tell your healthcare provider right away if you have any of these symptoms of a loss of too much body fluid (dehydration) while taking PREPOPIK®: vomiting that prevents you from keeping down the additional prescribed amounts of clear liquids that you must drink after taking PREPOPIK®, dizziness, urinating less often than normal, or headache
- PREPOPIK® and other bowel preparations can cause serious side effects, including serious loss of body fluid (dehydration) and changes in blood salts (electrolytes) in your blood. These changes can cause abnormal heartbeats that can cause death, seizures (this can happen even if you have never had a seizure), or kidney problems. Your chance of having fluid loss and changes in blood salts with PREPOPIK® is higher if you have heart problems, have kidney problems, or take water pills or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS)
- The most common side effects of PREPOPIK® include nausea, headache, and vomiting. These are not all the possible side effects of PREPOPIK®
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
*Restrictions apply. See program rules and eligibility requirement below. Most Patients with Commercial Insurance will pay no more than $40 per prescription filled. Ferring will pay up to a maximum benefit of $95 per prescription; however, you could have additional financial responsibilities depending on your insurance coverage (plus applicable sales tax). Cash patients will save $40 off the retail prescription price. When you fill your prescription for PREPOPIK® (sodium picosulfate, magnesium oxide, and anhydrous citric acid) for oral solution, present the coupon to the pharmacist to receive your discount.
This card is not valid for prescriptions submitted for reimbursement to Medicare, Medicaid, other federal or state programs (including any state pharmaceutical assistance programs), or private indemnity or HMO insurance plans that reimburse you for the entire cost of your prescription drugs. Patients may not use this card if they are Medicare-eligible and enrolled in an employer-sponsored health plan or prescription drug benefit program for retirees (i.e., they are eligible for Medicare Part D but receive a prescription drug benefit through a former employer). This card is good for use only with a valid PREPOPIK® prescription at the time the prescription is filled by the pharmacist and dispensed to the patient. Offer good only in the USA at participating retail pharmacies. Void if prohibited by law, taxed, or restricted. The selling, purchasing, trading, or counterfeiting of this card is prohibited by law. This card is good for 1 prescription fill or until program expires, whichever comes first. Ferring Pharmaceuticals Inc. and OPUS Health reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer without notice. By redeeming this card, you acknowledge that you are an eligible patient and that you understand and agree to comply with the terms and conditions of this offer.